Micro-peel good for acne scars, skin lighting including under eyes area.
The GetGlowing Micro-Peel is a treatment in which a cream is applied to the skin to encourage the exfoliation of dead skin cells and debris while stimulating the skin’s natural renewal process. The GetGlowing Micro-Peel is tailored to fit a client's individual skin type and long-term goals.
The GetGlowing Micro-peel is designed to refine skin texture damaged by environmental factors and skin conditions such as acne. The procedure assists in smoothing fine lines and evening out skin discoloration. It improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of acne scars and environmental damage to the skin. With each additional Micro-Peel procedure, you will notice incremental improvements in the overall appearance of the skin.
For maximum results, we recommend a series of Six GetGlowing Micro-Peel procedures in two to six week intervals, depending on the skin type.
For approximately one week following the procedure, the skin will undergo a renewal process, lightly shedding its dead outer layer. Depending on the skin, you may or may not experience peeling. If peeling occurs, it usually begins four to five days following the treatment and lasts for approximately three days. In addition, you may experience mild itching, dryness and redness.
How long does the treatment take?
You will need to be in the spa for about 60 minutes. The peeling may be done on its own, after a facial treatment or after deep pore cleansing treatment.
Herpes simplex/cold sores/ fever blisters or a history thereof unless taking an antiviral medication.
Severe cold or flu symptoms
Allergy to Resorcinol or Salicylic Acid (Aspirin)
Open wounds or lesions
Pregnant or nursing women
Accutane for the past 6-12 months
Sunburn, allergy, use of tanning bed
Cancer or patients using chemotherapy drugs, patients undergoing radiation and patients with an autoimmune disease.
“Sun Alert”: Because this product may make your skin more sensitive to the sun, be certain you have adequate sunscreen protection against UVA and UVB rays while using this product and for at least a month after you discontinue. This includes during cloudy days and during the winter months.
You do not always have to actually “peel” after a peel to see the benefits. The visible peeling is just a side effect. The actually “Peeling” is happening at the cellular level.
· If you are unsure about your allergy issues, always check with a health care professional before applying skin care products.
· No depilatory creams or facial wax to be used 7 days prior to peeling.
· May cause stinging, peeling, flaking, irritation, pruritus, erythema, and mild edema.
· Do not combine our peeling with other modalities such as derma blading, micro-dermabrasion and other abrasive mediums or other chemical peelings.
· You should not pick, scratch, or scrub at the skin which could predispose to infection.
· For best results, this peeling treatment should be performed in a series of 6 peels once a month.
· It is preferable not to cleanse or apply any creams to your skin until the morning after your peel. If you are going out this evening and need to apply makeup, you may do so, but you will need to cleanse your skin before bedtime.
· Apply sunscreen after your peeling application if you are going to be out and about in the sun for the rest of today. If not, apply nothing to the skin until tomorrow morning.
· The day following your peeling application- you may cleanse and apply makeup as usual. You may follow your normal skin care regiment. If extreme irritation occurs, discontinue any products containing actives until your skin heals. Benadryl may be taken if there is any swelling or extreme itching. You may also use some over the counter cortisone for a maximum of two days twice a day should there be any major irritation.
· You should not overcompensate with emollients even though the skin may seem dry. The object is to peel.
· You should always be vigilant with the application of a total sun block every day of the year. As with any peeling, should exposure to the sun occur post peeling, there is a chance of developing brown marks and unwanted pigmentation.